Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What would you do? #17

A quick WWYD hand for this Wednesday morning. I'm continuing to run well - I sucked out a 2 outter vs. a guy with an unraised PF board of A K 4 (I hold A4 vs. his AK), but I guess I have my fair share of negative EV to make up from last month. I will admit that it did feel good to suckout like that...

Anyway, MP1 is a 14/4/3.1 @ 290 hands. The point of concern here is the VPIP of 14 & 4 PFR... What to do, what to do?

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/353720
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

CO: $84.80
BTN: $50.00
Hero (SB): $52.05
BB: $21.00
UTG: $9.50
UTG+1: $9.25
MP1: $57.65
MP2: $9.05

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with Kc Kh
2 folds, MP1 calls $0.50, 1 fold, CO calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $3.25, 1 fold, MP1 calls $2.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($7.50) 8h 7d 6c (2 players)
Hero bets $4, MP1 raises to $12, Hero calls $8
With a 14, I'm not so worried about the straight... The 3x re-raise is a concern, though...

Turn: ($31.50) Qd (2 players)
Hero checks, MP1 bets $42.40 all in, Hero ???
What is he representing here? Better, what holdings is he limping then flatting a PF raise, in position? I believe it could be pretty wide... Since he's a PFR of 4, I can even include hands like JJ, TT, 99... But when the Queen comes out, he shovels it in... I don't believe the Queen changes anything in the hand other than adding a 2 flush to the miserable flop. What are you doing in this situation?


Click to see results



Hero requests TIME, Hero folds

Final Pot: $31.50
MP1 wins $29.95
(Rake: $1.55)

2 comments:

  1. Before I look at results, I would have repopped on flop. Let's see he limped/called preflop which means mid pkt pair a lot of times. His raise could be a set. It could be 99 for a straight draw.

    While I am afraid of the set, I am getting it in as fast as possible on the flop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of a hand between you & I, Will, where I set over setted you on the turn. (http://will-wonka.blogspot.com/2009/10/set-under-set-good-times.html)

    However, I know you're capable of making a play, whereas this player is a bit of a nit. I am sure he's limping / calling all under pairs and raising AA, KK, QQ and sometimes AK. I don't think this player is capable of making a move.

    He 3x's the flop... there is no need for him to do that since I'm giving him 50% pot odds here. While I thought about the 99-QQ possibility, I don't think he's raising SO strong there. He's smart enough to realize that I could have an overpair or a set myself. I am pretty certain he has a set.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive