Friday, November 13, 2009

Good play by a donk or am I a donk?

35/9 @ 46 hands... Cbets 100%. This is a typical limping donkey. I think he fell into this hand, but are you making this play?

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/357124
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

CO: $12.85
Hero (BTN): $66.15
SB: $61.00
BB: $5.90
UTG: $26.90
UTG+1: $14.15
MP: $48.15

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with 7d 8d
2 folds, MP calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.25, 2 folds, MP calls $1.75
Standard BTN raise.

Flop: ($5.25) Ad Kd 8h (2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $2.75, MP calls $2.75
Bottom pair + flush draw. I'm willing to get it all in here. I figure 14 clean outs for 50% equity.

Turn: ($10.75) 7c (2 players) - Hit 2 pair
MP checks, Hero bets $8, MP raises to $22, Hero raises to $61.15 all in, MP calls $21.15 all in
With his raise, I'm putting him on the same diamond draw, or AT, AJ. I have $21.15 effectively behind + a turned 2 pair, so this is for stacks. Do you put him on AA for the set?

Even still, I'm not drawing dead - 18% equity here.


River: ($97.05) 2c (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: $97.05
Hero shows 7d 8d (two pair, Eights and Sevens)
MP shows Ac Ah (three of a kind, Aces)
MP wins $94.05
(Rake: $3.00)

Is this bad play by me, or just a cooler?

3 comments:

  1. cooler. near impossible to get away here. Just note and move on.

    One question. Around 1/2 sized flop bet? What's your thinking there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1/2 sized flop bet is HOPING for a 3 bet. I am itching for him to check / raise me. I hope he hit his Ax and feels strong enough... However, his "x" was another A... puke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Careful with the "...I'm willing to get it all-in here on the flop..." logic. Although this player is a 35/9 limp-calling OOP and your typically going to win at showdown with 2 pair, don't forget that you have two goals for this hand; to take the pot down right there or to build the pot. Is AQ going to stack off here? I don't know--maybe. Take a look at his WTSD% and that may give you an idea. But the other types of hands that are going to stack off here will be sets, two-pair and better flush draws. Just think about what type of hands you're going to see turned over when you do stack off on the flop. What do you think this type of player's stack-off range is on the flop?

    ...and don't over-attribute the villain's fold equity when applying aggression in this spot.

    Rough turn card for you.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive