Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What would you do? #93 Facing turn shove with two pair

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $27.40
Hero (BB): $129.25
UTG: $86.05
UTG+1: $55.60
UTG+2: $50.40
MP1: $63.10
MP2: $43.10
CO: $91.15
BTN: $49.25 - 38/29 / 60% steal 12.5% 3bet 10.0 AF

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with Kc Qd
6 folds, BTN raises to $1.75, 1 fold, Hero raises to $5.50, BTN calls $3.75
60% steal; I'm 3betting him here. He's likely to be stealing - and he has a wide stealing range.

Flop: ($11.25) 2h Qc Ac (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($11.25) Kd (2 players)
Hero bets $6.50, BTN raises to $43.75 all in, Hero ???
What would you do in this spot? $35 call to win $100... Is 2 pair good in this spot?


Click to see results



Hero folds
If I'm wrong, I think there are definitely worse folds that I can be making.

Final Pot: $24.25
BTN wins $23.05
(Rake: $1.20)

6 comments:

  1. what hands is he checking IP then pushing on the turn? Smells like a better 2 pair or better.

    Do players at this level make All in bluffs here against a strong board AKQ, or do they usually shove the nuts? (serious question, as i only play 25c/50c live home game and have not played online cash in some time).



    -J3

    ReplyDelete
  2. @J3: There's no definitive response. Players at 50nl are shoving for all sorts of reasons. They shove sets, 2 pair, flushes, etc. I find, though, that a shove is a polarized play where they either are very strong or very weak. There is more shoving at this level for varied reasons than there is at the lower levels, where they are rarely all in bluffing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't looked at results yet.

    Some other info would be helpful here like call 3bet and general competence.

    When he checks back the flop in position I would guess he has at least a very strong draw if he's normally aggressive post flop.

    If he flips over JcTc I wouldn't be surprised but the way other hands you posted have gone I wouldn't be surprised to see AJ, AT or KJ, KT either with 2 clubs. AK is also a possibility and he was afraid of a set or AQ on the flop.

    Ah... no satisfaction this time since you folded. I think it was the right decision.

    Have you started sessions with your coach yet? How's that going?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in a wait-n-see mode with the coaching; I started the month with a $1k down session at $100NL which I finally dug my way out this past week. It feels good to be positive on the month finally - looking to book a win for the month following my first ever down month.

    I also started thinking about why I'm playing 100NL and the affects on my psyche. It is *NOT* a good feeling to lose $1K in a night - that I know *FOR SURE*!!!! Since moving back down to 50NL, I have far less stress about my decisions and am winning at a far greater rate. Clearly, the coaching would help the winning, but I feel the need to work my way back into it slowly... We'll see what next month holds for me to make a decision whether to attack 100nl & coaching...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not a terrible fold because you could be beat but what do you put him on AK ,A2 AQ?? I am calling here. Personally I think he had KQ and you would chop but I might be wrong of course but I am still calling

    ReplyDelete
  6. Given that he's a 38/29, I think there's quite a few hands that beat me. However, I primarily settled on JT as the likely candidate, which makes sense for a 38/29 to show up with. This kind of player is not folding any broadway cards, and will get lucky on occasion. The key to winning this game, though, is not paying off these players when they have it. The same holds true for the flush chasers out there...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive