Friday, August 27, 2010

What would you do? #169 - Holding pp KK to 3rd barrel

I'm continuing to find the play on Bodog simply awful.  I am running circles around these guys to the rate of 15PTBB/100 in limited volume (2k hands this month).  I find myself in need to playing 25NL because of my limited bankroll, but overall, it's like taking candy from a baby.  The players are SO SO VERY passive.  As further example, I'm running a 30/20 on the FULL RING tables.  I'm simply running these guys over.

Here's a hand that's been bothering me:

Bodog $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $5.90
UTG: $24.75
UTG+1: $35.85
UTG+2: $29.34 - 34/10/21% steal / 4.5% 3bet / 1.9AF / 231 hands
MP1: $24.40
Hero (MP2): $24.80
CO: $35.37
BTN: $29.45
SB: $22.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP2 with Kd Ks
2 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.25, 1 fold, BTN calls $1.25, 2 folds, UTG+2 calls $1

Flop: ($4.10) 4s Td 4d (3 players)
UTG+2 bets $3.00, Hero calls $3, BTN folds
Plan is to keep letting him bet; I don't want to push him off of his hand.

Turn: ($10.10) 2s (2 players)
UTG+2 bets $6.00, Hero calls $6
And keep betting he does...

River: ($22.10) Tc (2 players)
UTG+2 bets $11.00, Hero folds
Now what do you do here?  Is this a bad fold?  Normally, I wouldn't think twice about this fold, but given the play here, there are a ton of hands I'm ahead of and vice-versa.  Understand that the play at Bodog is to limp and trap with overpairs and/or AK.  People will 3barrel (and shove / call a shove) with AK high on the river.  I'm really unsure about this fold.  Clearly, a 34/10 could show up with AT, A4, 45, etc.  What do you think?

Final Pot: $22.10
UTG+2 wins $21.00
(Rake: $1.10)

7 comments:

  1. call and pay it off. you've shown no aggression, and the board never changes to the point where he would think any other PP is suddenly bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he bluff/shows up with worse often enough to call. You only need to be right 1 out of 4 times to make money on the call.

    This could be a crazy bluff, he could be value betting A hi, or any pocket pair > 44

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the worst fold I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Def call river. Ur hand is severely underrepped. Ina more drawyboard I shove turn. He shows up with AT-JT, pairs 5-JJ a lot. Onlyhands u r scared of are TT, ramdom 4s like A4, 45s, etc. KK is a good bit ahead of that range IMO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, I think you need to call. The bet-bet-bet pattern is often a bluff (missed diamond draw) although it is also consistent with a T in his hand or an overpair you beat. I think you'll win enough times to make it worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Waffles. I can always count on your levity. Of course, I plan on calling / raising the river if the T doesn't rear its ugly head. I think if I'm ahead, I'm pushing (I think there's like $3 behind), but obviously, given the response far in favor of calling, this is why I posted the hand up there. I just can't see (even an idiot) 3 barrelling pairs, etc. without either a T or 4. It's such an adjustment playing at Bodog... you honestly never know what they're going to show up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually misread the HH with a T river...but I do think it is still a call.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive