Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Live poker recap

This past Sunday, I hosted a .25/.50 $25 buy in NLHE game at my house. The turn out featured a mix of experienced and inexperienced players, most of whom, by my measure, were getting lucky as HELL! I wound up with a $19 profit, but that profit is nothing I am proud of - it was on a massive suckout: 44 (me) vs. TT on a 2 6 9 board where I runner runnered the 3 & 5 to make a straight. As well, the other interesting hand I played was laying down pocket Queens pre-flop. As it turns out, my laydown was 100% correct; my opponent (who would go on to get AA 5 times, and KK twice in the span of 4-5 hours) had KK - he bet 4x from UTG+1, folds around to me on the button & I raise 8x on top. He acted a little before raising another 40x, which is where I folded. I can't remember ever doing that in a live game... By comparison, the QQ was as good as I would get that night; I had JJ twice and trash for the rest of the game.

Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive