Saturday, October 3, 2009

Another weird bluff - What would you do? #8

This one is a little less interesting. Wasn't sure whether I should post it, but the sheer volume of the river bet was what prompted me to do so.

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/310070
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

CO: $50.00
Hero (BTN): $72.85
SB: $12.00
BB: $26.00
UTG: $31.05
UTG+1: $10.00
UTG+2: $57.40
MP1: $3.85
MP2: $24.25

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with 4h 2h
UTG calls $0.50, 4 folds, CO calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.75, 1 fold, BB calls $2.25, UTG calls $2.25, CO calls $2.25
Standard steal to punish limpers. I'm getting a little more aggressive on the button and in position. My range has really started to open up, while maintaining my VPIP ~20... My PFR has come up to around 15-18.

Flop: ($11.25) 2s 5c 8h (4 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $4.50, BB folds, UTG folds, CO calls $4.50
Unlikely to have hit anyone, so I'm happy to take this sucker down right now with bottom pair. I have no history on the CO, so I have no idea why he's calling.

Turn: ($20.25) Js (2 players)
CO checks, Hero checks
Pot containment / check behind.

River: ($20.25) 2c (2 players)
CO bets $42.75 all in, Hero calls $42.75
So from a turn check / check to a river overpot shove... What would you do with your rivered trips?






...








Final Pot: $105.75
CO shows 6c 3c (a pair of Twos) - Stone cold bluff for overbet pot? I've heard of bluffing, but the point is not to go broke when you bluff like that. He was on an inside straight draw + backdoor club draw.
Hero shows 4h 2h (three of a kind, Twos)
Hero wins $102.75
(Rake: $3.00)

This really wasn't much of a decision in my book; I snap called immediately. In retrospect, I was looking at the way I played the hand & the way he played it (almost identically). The flop is a standard cbet. The turn says either one of us have air or monsters. The river overbet, to me, really questions what he's representing. If he's going for value, given the way I'd played, he's going to bet half to quarter pot. I'm not sure what his bet represents. Do I really think he's calling my flop bet with a deuce? And I'm supposed to believe he's rivered the deuce with ZERO history?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive