If there's a silver lining to the cloud called "Death of U.S. online poker," it seems to be the fact that the U.S. government will be enabling Full Tilt & Pokerstars to refund the player-held money back to the rightful owners.
The official government memorandum / release is located here:
Justice Department's Press Release
CNN's summary of the breaking news is located here:
Online poker players to be reunited with cash
While I'm ecstatic about this breaking news, I'm still disappointed by my government's decision to enforce what seems to me to be a senseless law. Isn't it time that we grasp the new technology called the internet and allow people to enjoy their hobbies within the confines of their home or wherever place of choice? Come on, Congress! Get with the program. Legalize online gaming for money!
- ► 2016 (24)
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (22)
- ► 2013 (71)
- ► 2012 (36)
- The Poker Meister #71
- Card cheating with the deal / 2p2 Concept of the W...
- No sooner than I wonder.... Pokerstars responds!
- When and how? Cashout for P* & FT
- A bit of good news - we'll get our money back!
- Hand charts... A Monte Carlo simulation
- While the sky is falling...
- What would you do? #235 - More live play
- A Mookie / Dank win!
- When it rains, it pours... Part II
- Steps taken to legalize online poker within Washin...
- Stupid things said at the table
- What would you do? #234 - AA no good?
- The rules of the Run Good
- What would you do? #233 - A little live play...
- When it rains, it pours...
- New Micros episode!
- ▼ April (17)
- ► 2010 (380)
- ► 2009 (265)