Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What would you do? #33 - Top / bottom pair facing shove on spade draw board

69/12 / 4.0 / 50 @ 26 hands

Full Tilt Poker $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/397997
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BTN: $15.93
SB: $5.00
Hero (BB): $31.67
UTG: $5.00
UTG+1: $30.13
MP1: $29.02
MP2: $25.00
CO: $29.69

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with Ad 5s
1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 5 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.60) 5c Qs Ks (2 players)
Hero bets $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.60) As (2 players)
Hero bets $1, UTG+1 raises to $4.60, Hero calls $3.60

River: ($10.80) 4d (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $24.78 all in, Hero ???


Click to see results



Hero folds - Am I getting run over here? Spade draw on the board against my 2 pair... Should I be making this call?

Final Pot: $10.80
UTG+1 wins $10.26
(Rake: $0.54)

2 comments:

  1. hell no. I would never call that. Even if you ARE getting run over the price is just too high. 2 pair is a horrible hand. Horrible horrible horrible... All to often brutally over-played.

    The Dyer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I check-fold the flop for this exact reason. Unless I hit a miracle 5, I could be put in a difficult spot if an Ace, J, 10 or 9 hits the turn and I bet through it. In this spot, you have the 3rd best combination of 2 pair meaning you only reasonably beat KQ, which I would expect to raise the flop or call the turn.

    I understand your lead [often referred to as a donk lead] because you're basically just taking a stab at a flop to take down the pot. However, the type of hands I like to donk lead on are either pure bluffs or semi-bluffs.This makes decisions much easier. If I donk lead bluff, I'm trying to take down a pot against a tight or passive player. The purpose of my donk lead semi-bluff is to build a pot for the next two streets. If I get my donk lead semi-bluff raised, I'll have to evaluate whether I can control the pot vs. getting priced out.

    However, I'm not approaching this type of spot as profitable in full ring NL, even against a LAG. I think you can find a much better spot.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive