Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ship or fold? What would you do? #1

No real history with villain; he had been playing tight in ~37 hands...
Perhaps AK suited being the biggest losing hand in my arsenal plays into my decision to fold, thus continuing the trend. I guess the question is: what would you do?

Tilt Poker $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/237224
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BTN: $11.40
SB: $25.00
BB: $8.62
UTG: $25.27
UTG+1: $5.00
Hero (MP1): $16.33
MP2: $6.01
CO: $21.80

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP1 with Kh Ah
2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 1 fold, CO calls $0.75, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.85) 4d 6s Ac (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $1, Hero raises to $3, CO raises to $10.85, Hero requests TIME, Hero folds
Stack decision time... do I shove or fold?

Final Pot: $7.85
CO wins $7.46
(Rake: $0.39)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Meister,
    Always glad to find another cash grinder blog.

    My take on this hand is that you probably have to ship it in here. Since you took a funny line by check-raising the flop (the kind that might induce a light re-raise), I think you have to go with it. The only way that I get away on dry boards like this is with some tracking info that shows that my opponent is uber-nitty.

    Another factor that should lean you to ship is that you are only playing 65 BBs deep. Your SPR is still at a kind of awkward spot - 9- but if it were the 13 that it would be if you had a full stack, it would be a bigger mistake to stack off here.

    If he has A6/A4/44/66 then it's a semi-cooler. Can't beat yourself up over that on a dry flop like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @noldmax-

    It was not an easy decision, as you can see from my TIME bank. I think I timed all the way down before folding. I couldn't think of a hand that I beat here that wouldn't acknowledge a better Ace given the prior action. Hence the check / raise / fold line.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive