Tuesday, July 7, 2009

More thanks for not costing me anymore, donkey

Another hand of busted Aces, but the guy check / calls the rivered flush. Although I think this is a pretty conservative play, we're 100BB deep and he should be AT LEAST min raising me here. He has chased the flush to the river, paying dearly.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

UTG+1 ($17.83)
MP1 ($7.91)
Hero (MP2) ($10.90)
MP3 ($9.87)
CO ($14.63)
Button ($9.50)
SB ($2)
BB ($10.37)
UTG ($2.40)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with As, Ah
3 folds, Hero bets $0.30, 4 folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 10h, Kh, 5s (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40
I can appreciate your chasing the flush; really I can. However, you REALLY should lay it down against me. you have a 33% chance of hitting and I have bet ~2/3 pot.

Turn: ($1.45) 8c (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB calls $1
Ouch; he turns an open ender in addition to his flush draw. However, I want to continue with the hand, because the 8c does not hurt me in my view. Another 2/3 bet should put this guy away.

River: ($3.45) 8h (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $1.75, BB calls $1.75
He hits his draw but checks. Here's what's going through my head: If he was drawing the whole way, then why check the made hand? Doesn't he assume that I will check it down on a scare card like this? The check on the made flush, to me, says KQ, AK, AT, (hopefully KT). The paired river card is a GREAT card for me. I bet out, only to get called by the flush. Donkey: you have gotten $1.75 of implied value out of the hand by my own volition. Good check / call for value on your rivered hand, sir.

Total pot: $6.95 | Rake: $0.46

Results:
BB had 7h, 9h (flush, King high).
Hero had As, Ah (two pair, Aces and eights).
Outcome: BB won $6.49

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive