Monday, April 22, 2013

Got an iPhone [finally] - Any apps for live poker tracking?

I'm coming from a Blackberry Torch where I used to write notes into the notes application within the phone.  The most complex notes I'd take would be hand histories and [rarely] details, but I mostly just noted the place played, blind levels, date & time started, date & time ended, and [of course] net gain (loss).  Is there a need to pay for something like the app Poker Cruncher?  Is there some simplistic app that you cutting edge people use to track your sessions?

For a little further definition of my goals, I keep a spreadsheet with my lifetime results that parses & dissects each session, categorizes it by day of the week / month / difficulty of the table / etc.  I copy the results and notes from the phone to the spreadsheet and delete the notes.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to click a button on the phone for each hand I play.  I want to have some realistic baseline for hands / hour average.  I doubt it's feasible to track every single hand and the history / result of each play, but it would be nice to have more data points, if nothing else - perhaps hand results based on my hole cards?

Any thoughts or ideas?  Maybe I'm just being too nerdy...

4 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty dang obsessive, but that is also what makes you a good poker player.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've known me for quite a while now... does this surprise you that I'm slightly OCD?

      Delete
  2. I use Poker Journal. It does all that I need it to do but probably not some of the detail you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also use Poker Journal, but it won't do everything you want it to. Do tell if you find a better option.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive