Monday, February 1, 2010


It felt so good to hit up UTG+2, because moments before he had stacked me on a rivered set, floating me out of position, on my AK / A high board. F him!

This was a Rush table:

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
The Official Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $20.50
UTG+2: $125.10
MP1: $57.95
MP2: $63.15
Hero (CO): $50.00
BTN: $40.00
SB: $29.15
BB: $51.70
UTG: $98.95

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with Qd Jd
2 folds, UTG+2 raises to $2, 2 folds, Hero calls $2, 2 folds, BB calls $1.50
This is a non-standard call, but I was a little steamed from getting rivered by UTG+2 in the immediately preceding hand.

Flop: ($6.25) 4d 2d 6d (3 players)
BB bets $6.25, UTG+2 calls $6.25, Hero calls $6.25
Flopped flush is always nice. Not the nuts, but a nice flop nevertheless. I want all players in the hand.

Turn: ($25.00) 3c (3 players)
BB bets $15, UTG+2 calls $15, Hero raises to $37, BB raises to $43.45 all in, UTG+2 calls $28.45, Hero calls $4.75 all in
We've got lift off. I am raising because I want to play for stacks. There is a straight possible now, and I want to avoid another diamond and at this point, I believe at least one player has a set. One card to go, and my odds are pretty good. I'm looking to avoid a diamond (8 diamonds or a paired board 10 possible pairings; 3 non-setted cards + 1 remaining set card = 18 outs, 36% chance - I figure I have 64% equity going to the river).

River: ($153.65) Th (3 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: $153.65
UTG+2 shows Kc Ad (Ace King high) - F YOU! ALL IN ON A KING HIGH DRAW! F U!!!! My best guess is he thought he had clean outs to the straight and flush draws, a swell [donkey ass] the over cards?
Hero shows Qd Jd (a flush, Queen high)
BB shows 6c 6s (three of a kind, Sixes) - My deepest sympathies, but you should give it up on the turn.
BB wins $3.40
Hero wins $147.25
(Rake: $3.00)

And there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive