Bodog $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players
The DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter
Hero (MP2): $101.95
Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is MP2 with 9h 8h
UTG calls $0.50, 1 fold, MP1 raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds, SB calls $1.25, BB calls $1, UTG calls $1
Flop: ($7.50) 5h 3h 2s (5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 bets $3.75, Hero calls $3.75, SB calls $3.75, BB folds, UTG calls $3.75
Turn: ($22.50) Ah (4 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 bets $4.00, Hero raises to $16.00, SB calls $16, UTG calls $16, MP1 calls $12
They're not going away, given my raise. I'm mildly concerned about the possibility of a flush over flush - particularly due to the 2 low cards out there already. Their flat on the turn is troubling, though it is re-assuring that the Ah is on the board, meaning that the hand combos of flushes dramatically drop (barring random Kh7h -type hands).
"Reasonable" combos include non-Ace broadways (i.e. KQ, JT, etc.) and suited connectors / gappers, which aren't that abundant.
River: ($86.50) 9s (4 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $30.00, SB calls $14.13 all in, UTG calls $30, MP1 folds
Given the flat on the turn and the lack of action on the river (given the brick), I have to imagine that I'm only getting called by worse hands (and folding out the draws who missed), which is why I choose to value bet.
I consider an open shove, where I have the table covered, but honestly don't think he calls his effective $47 stack with a non-flush. Therefore, I settle on a "smaller" value bet, trying to get each of the 3 remaining players to call. Note that the difference between "smaller" and "shove is really $17, but I do think it makes a difference to UTG and MP1, who will be most affected by bet sizing. Betting $30 into $87 is much more reasonable to me than $50 into $87. 2 out of 3 ain't bad, and it's a decent pot for my suited connector gamble. I'm surprised, though, that when MP1 calls, UTG calls as well.
Final Pot: $160.63
Hero shows 9h 8h
Hero wins $31.15
Hero wins $126.48 (FWIW, MP1 had 4d6d for the flopped straight and UTG had 4c 4s for the turned straight, though HandGrabber didn't pick up the showdown results)
- ► 2016 (24)
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (22)
- ► 2013 (71)
- ► 2012 (36)
- What would you do? #232 - What does this mean?
- Tune into the iPoker bill discussion LIVE!
- What would you do? #231 - Facing flop committing ...
- What would you do? #230 - Overpair no good?
- What would you do? #229 - facing a PF limp / rais...
- Hands that make me smile... guess he truly doesn'...
- What would you do? #228 - Thin value?
- Hands that make me smile... more LOL moments
- What would you do? #227 - Facing turn shove holdi...
- Hands that make me smile... value value value
- Hands that make me smile...
- What would you do? #226 - Facing river bet
- Hands that make me smile... more overbet shoves
- The journey to be a [poker] millionaire is tempora...
- A hearty thanks to foucault / Andrew Brokos for hi...
- Hands that make me smile... calling a shove with N...
- Hands that make me smile... busting 2 players
- Hands that make me smile... an LOL overbet for va...
- What would you do? #225 - Facing a river bomb
- ▼ March (19)
- ► 2010 (380)
- ► 2009 (265)