Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Probably the biggest .05/.1 pot I've won to date

It's kind of funny, because I was a lot more alive than I realized, with the Ace. I actually strongly considered laying it down.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP1 ($2.10)
MP2 ($4)
CO ($13.48)
Button ($11.32)
SB ($4.90)
BB ($13.62)
Hero (UTG) ($20.48)
UTG+1 ($5.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Ac, 5c
Hero calls $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, MP2 checks, CO bets $0.65, 1 fold, SB calls $0.60, BB calls $0.55, Hero calls $0.55, UTG+1 calls $0.55, 1 fold

CO had been very loose, aggressive PF. I considered folding PF, OOP, with marginal holdings, but with the blinds calling, I figured I'd roll the dice. I don't make a habit of calling suited aces OOP, but with a big stack and the other big stacks involved in the hand, if I hit, I will probably get paid enough to be worth it. As is, on my call,there is $2 in the pot. With UTG+1 calling, that makes the pot $3.35.

Flop: ($3.35) 6c, 2c, Qh (5 players)
SB bets $4.25 (All-In), BB calls $4.25, Hero calls $4.25, 2 folds

SB going all-in means if the BB folds, my line is a fold. However, when BB calls and has $8.72 behind as extra juice, I am definitely calling into this crazy action. I really don't know what my line is if the CO shoves, but I think I have to call a shove here at this point. It makes my decision 10 times easier if CO shoves and BB calls. I am thinking about this as I flat the SB shove.

Of note at this point, I have a flush draw; I'm assuming with the action, that at minimum, SB and / or BB have a set. I'm getting odds + implied odds, though, to make the call with 8 clean outs.
It's about 35% of pot to make the call, and, at worst, my odds are 32%. If I have the full 9 outs, I'm getting ~36%, clearly a good call. I give myself a 1 extra out for the backdoor straight draw (6 5 2) to make up for the assumed bad queen and convince myself that this is a good technical call.

Turn: ($16.10) 3c (3 players, 1 all-in)
BB checks, Hero bets $5, BB raises to $8.72 (All-In), Hero calls $3.72
At this point, I'm guessing BB has a lesser flush. His turn check speaks volumes to me. I think if he cold calls the $4.25 flop bet and checks the turn club, he's hunting that flush and it hit him as it did me. I'm confronted with the last decision of the hand: How much to bet and how do I get the BB all in from here as fast as possible? If I bet $2 or $3, and he flats, besides looking like a fishy bet ($3 into $16.10), it's going to be tough to get the rest of his stack in on the river when I go from $3 to $5. Besides, the BB has already called a $4.25 flop bet. If I shove here, I don't know how the BB will take it. Therefore, a nice round 1/3 pot bet should do it. I'm surprised to see him push for the rest of the $3.72, but so be it.

My beliefs are confirmed when he pushes the rest of his stack , but I guess what else is he going to do when the inevitable comes on the river; i.e. we're both committed anyway, why not get it in here?
I like this guy!

River: ($33.54) Ah (3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $33.54 | Rake: $2

Results:
SB had Qc, Kd (one pair, Queens).
BB had Qs, Ks (one pair, Queens).
Hero had Ac, 5c (flush, Ace high).
Outcome: Hero won $31.54
LOL. Are you kidding me? Queens with King kickers? So AQ would have won this hand? What about AcQc? So, I was not only drawing to the flush, but I was also drawing to any Ace. I had 9 + 3 + 1 (backdoor straight draw which I almost hit as well LOL) outs = 13 * 4 = 52% on the flop! I would have won with the river Ace if the flush didn't hit. That is some terrible play by the SB & BB. All in with TPGK (top pair good kicker)... WOW! I wish all of poker was this easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive