Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Missed value....

I don't know whether I'm realizing full value for my overpairs. This guy was a donkey & I feel I should have stacked him here; perhaps I'm wrong. My note on him is that he will play any suited cards or connecting cards (up to 3 gappers), as well as any two broadway cards and all Ace combinations.

Full Tilt Poker $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/206426
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $26.89
MP: $26.46
CO: $9.65
BTN: $12.79
Hero (SB): $26.38
BB: $49.10
UTG: $11.73

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with As Ac
1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.50, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($3.50) 8s Tc 2s (2 players)
Hero bets $2, UTG+1 raises to $4, Hero raises to $6, UTG+1 calls $2
His raise / call sends me into call down mode with alarms sounding. I don't have a hand I'm putting him on. It is possible for him to have flopped an open ender (97), two spades, two pair, etc.

Turn: ($15.50) 6c (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50
In the face of the aggression, I am now in call down mode. The 6 gives the open ender a completed hand, so I'm going to try to limit the pot size here.

River: ($26.50) 2d (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks
The pairing of the board is good for me if he flopped two pair, but I'm not betting, out of position, in the unlikely case where he has a set or 97 - or even a random deuce. Fortunately, he checks through so I get to see a showdown.

Final Pot: $26.50
UTG+1 shows 8d Qd (two pair, Eights and Twos)
Hero shows As Ac (two pair, Aces and Twos)
Hero wins $25.18
(Rake: $1.32)
Did I maximize the hand value? No. He had a pair of 8's and I likely could have stacked him. However, can (the better question is) or SHOULD I be stacking off with AA? I have become so skittish of pocket aces because every time I get them they seem to get cracked. Did I play this hand incorrectly by not getting full value?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive