This post will read more like a stream of conciousness because I'm sitting in meetings and only have a few minutes to bang this out.
I only had around 2 hours of play time before I got tired and packed up to head back to the hotel. However, those were 2 nicely profitable hours. I was able to steal at will, constantly raising the BTN / CO and getting little to no resistance. I played 2/3 $300 and doubled through on a flush over flush (I nutted, he had the KQ high flush). It was an interesting hand because I was able to check / raise 2 streets... despite, I took home nearly a buy in during those 2 hours.
These players are *AWFUL*. The guy in the seat 1 would call call call only to suckout and get lucky on *MULTIPLE* occasions. I saw him call a shove with a non-nut flush draw vs. another player's set of Aces. He flatted my $20 open in position against my AA and we saw a flop of Q T 9 rainbow. I lead $35 into the $40 pot and his hands started shaking. He carved out the $35 then took a long time before fumbling with his chips and adding up a raise of $80-90 on top... it didn't even matter; my read was so strong on his hand that I insta-mucked the minute he started fumbling. Of course, he flipped QT for flopped 2 pair... nice $35 for the trouble :-). The table was wowed by my insta-muck, but I *KNEW* it - and it was nice to be reassured when he flipped his 2 cards to show the 2 pair.
As I was saying, these players were weak / passive. There were few exceptions, but for the most part, I steam rolled this table and felt damn good about it. I was the cocky ass a the table and no one could do anything about it :-).
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
- Short Trip Report from San Diego - Palomar Card Cl...
- Short trip report from San Diego - Oceans Eleven C...
- All work & no play makes me a dull boy... greets f...
- Soliciting poker in the Charleston, SC or San Dieg...
- Status update & a hand history
- From the timebank; Raising AKo in position at Ctow...
- I was the motherf*cker! I F*ed their motherfs for...
- Reminded of hookers... an addendum to Rob's recent...
- Tales from this past week & a year-end review
- ▼ January (9)
- ► 2012 (36)
- ► 2011 (94)
- ► 2010 (380)
- ► 2009 (265)