The following hand takes place a few weeks ago, where I went on a complete heater at Charles Town and tore up the table:
I'm dealt AKo mid position. I raise to $14 and get two callers - tight-ish, cute blonde girl mid 20's (SB), and a lagtard (mid position limp / caller). I think I have both covered; blondie has $78 and lagtard has $~160(?) and I have position on both of them for this hand.
Flop comes down A J T rainbow. Blondie immediately open shoves $78 into $42 and folds out the lagtard. I'm facing a $78 call into $42. Prior hands I've seen her play Aces in continual c/c mode. She's somewhat passive, but has seen me make a few moves that undoubtedly she didn't understand (i.e. raising draws, check raising air, etc.). She views me as supremely aggressive and volatile. Am I making a mistake snapping her off here with TPTK + the draw or should I always be calling all short stacks like this? She's not a short stack player - she bled her chips down to a shorty.
FWIW, she showed down AJ for flopped Aces up. I sucked out to the Q on the turn and the hand was over.
I'm not sure I think this is a huge leak either way; perhaps it is due to her passive nature - she could potentially show up with a set of Tens or Jacks - but I really think she wants the pot immediately with any Ace in her hand, not wanting to see the turn K or Q and having to guess the rest of the way out of position. I feel like folding TPTK with $42 in the middle is just so weak with such a short stack behind. Clearly, I'm not getting the correct price for the hand she held, but I honestly think there's so many more hands that she shows here where I'm way ahead...
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
- Short Trip Report from San Diego - Palomar Card Cl...
- Short trip report from San Diego - Oceans Eleven C...
- All work & no play makes me a dull boy... greets f...
- Soliciting poker in the Charleston, SC or San Dieg...
- Status update & a hand history
- From the timebank; Raising AKo in position at Ctow...
- I was the motherf*cker! I F*ed their motherfs for...
- Reminded of hookers... an addendum to Rob's recent...
- Tales from this past week & a year-end review
- ▼ January (9)
- ► 2012 (36)
- ► 2011 (94)
- ► 2010 (380)
- ► 2009 (265)