Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Set over set situation, deep stacked

This is my first hand history in a long time. This is an example where I was set mining, hit my set, but got coolered with a better set. The only question I have is am I wrong to call, OOP, when UTG clearly has a monster hand? I think I have an issue with the re-raise PF, but the UTG raiser was deep stacked as well, so I want more money comitted to the pot. Unfortunately, things do not work according to my plan...

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP1 ($10)
MP2 ($2.38)
CO ($4.01)
Button ($11.81)
SB ($11.51)
Hero (BB) ($17.83)
UTG ($14.90)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8s, 8c
UTG bets $0.30, 2 folds, CO calls $0.30, Button calls $0.30, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.20, UTG raises to $4, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.80

Clearly, UTG has a monster here. He has a VPIP of ~22, PFR 17. He's tight & raising the top 17%. A limp UTG->4bet clearly shows strength. With $15 effective stack sizes, he's comitting a ~third of his stack. I'm going to shove if I hit, because he's got AA, KK. It's a clearly delineated range in my opinion. My question is this: (obv results oriented, I should have folded) Is this an incorrect call, OOP, PF, with deep stacks? Unfortunately, I was getting to my last hands of the night, so this kinda put a major damper on things. Opinons?


Flop: ($8.65) Qc, 8h, 3h (2 players)
Hero bets $13.83 (All-In), UTG calls $10.90 (All-In)

I do NOT have a problem with the shove. I think it's going all in no matter what happens. I don't think this player is good enough to lay down a naked AA, KK. Opinions?


Turn: ($30.45) Jd (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($30.45) As (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $30.45 | Rake: $2

Results:
Hero had 8s, 8c (three of a kind, eights).
UTG had Qh, Qd (three of a kind, Queens).
Outcome: UTG won $28.45

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive