Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Good Fold! - folding trips

Really, what am I beating here on the river? I think this is one of the finest hands I've played, just based on my read of the players and table. I am proud of this hand, because it speaks volumes to the fact that I am getting better at this game.

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/294325
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $55.85
BB: $115.25
UTG: $50.00
UTG+1: $109.50
MP: $114.45
CO: $9.25
BTN: $50.35

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with 8d 5d
4 folds, BTN calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.25, BB checks
Suited gappers - easy SB call.

Flop: ($1.50) 8s 8h Jh (3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, BTN checks
I'm hoping someone will bet out on the flop here, but it's a missed opportunity.

Turn: ($1.50) As (3 players)
Hero bets $1, BB calls $1, BTN calls $1
I can bluff / represent the Ace here; no one will give the SB credit for an A, and it opens me up for a raise which I welcome. However, the players don't give any information away and smooth my lead.

River: ($4.50) Th (3 players)
Hero bets $3, BB raises to $13.50, BTN calls $13.50, Hero folds
Not the greatest of rivers; clearly KQ & 97 beat me here. However, I still need to get value for my flopped trips, and I therefore lead out; I have not been given any information to the contrary, thus thinking I'm likely still good here. However, a BB raise (and a LARGE raise at that; he overbets pot), is a pretty good indication I'm busted with my trips. I immediately put him on a better trips, which is sick. When the BTN calls, I don't even think twice about folding what never-was the nuts. I'm just glad a 5 didn't fall.

Final Pot: $34.50
BB shows 8c Ad (a full house, Eights full of Aces)
BTN mucks 9d 7h
BB wins $32.80
(Rake: $1.70)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive