Friday, July 30, 2010

What would you do? #152 - Facing resistance on the flop and turn

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $51.60
SB: $54.10 - 15/10 - 10 hands, so no legit history
BB: $65.55
UTG: $53.00
UTG+1: $8.50
MP: $19.00
CO: $54.10

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with Qs Qh
4 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, SB calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($3.50) 4h 8d 6h (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $2.50, SB raises to $5, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($13.50) As (2 players)
SB bets $9.75, Hero requests TIME, Hero ???

Click to see results


Hero folds
I feel like if he's not already ahead of me with a flopped set, he could have easily been semi-bluffing with 2 overs and hit an Ace. It also feels like an Ace is a terrible "bluff" card in this spot, given the PF action. I can easily show up with AK, AQ.

Final Pot: $13.50
SB wins $12.85
(Rake: $0.65)

4 comments:

  1. As played, I probably also fold.

    What do you think about repopping on the flop. A min raise can mean lots of things. A monster or maybe a good draw. Why not charge him to draw.

    Again, that could really be spewy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you pretty much have to fold here. If he's a good enough player to have nothing and double barrel this this ace. then nh, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lately all the min cr for me have been over pairs. I think one time someone did have Ax. I think in each case they checked the turn though. I would have to research this. I think I call one more time and see what he does on the river or fold. A reraise on the flop only folds worse and gets called by sets.

    Why do you think he would put you on Ax. Would you really call his CR with AK?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there PokerMeister! I most likely re-raise the flop on this hand and check back a lot of turns. Just feel the hand plays easier that way... I def. agree with WillWonka: raise flop. As played: fold turn.

    Hope that helped.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive