Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What would you do?#126 - Lots of PF action facing flop half-stack shove

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $50.25
BB: $50.00
UTG: $67.35 - 32 / 14 / 0% 3bet / 4.3 aggression factor @ 28 hands
UTG+1: $29.00 - 33 / 4 / 0% 3bet / 2.3 aggression factor @ 28 hands

MP1: $50.00
MP2: $135.85 - *VERY* well known WINNING (SH.RO.MI) reg; 15 / 12 / 35% steal / 2.5 aggression factor / 2.8% 3bet @ 1.5k hands (recently... much more hands on him though in history)
Hero (CO): $53.55
BTN: $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with Kh Ac
UTG raises to $1.50, UTG+1 calls $1.50, 1 fold, MP2 raises to $6, Hero calls $6, 3 folds, UTG calls $4.50, UTG+1 calls $4.50

Flop: ($24.75) Kd 9d 2s (4 players)
UTG bets $3, UTG+1 raises to $23 all in, MP2 folds, Hero ???


Click to see results


I'm not so fearful of UTG+1's bet, though I'm pissed off that he simply shoved here rather than play it out a little (we missed a bunch of value, but I guess given the pot size...). I'm most concerned about MP2's 3bet, PF. Given that he folds, I can't see UTG's $3 lead as signaling tremendous strength... in fact I don't know what he's really doing by leading $3 into $25. I'm offered 2:1 on the call here, and I think I'm good more than 1 in 3 to be profitable to make this call. 28 hands on either villain is not nearly enough hands to make a judgment better than that.

Hero calls $23, UTG folds

Turn: ($73.75) 2h (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($73.75) 9h (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $73.75
UTG+1 shows As Kc (two pair, Kings and Nines)
Hero shows Kh Ac (two pair, Kings and Nines)
UTG+1 wins $35.40
Hero wins $35.35
(Rake: $3.00)

3 comments:

  1. your SPR against this player is 1, no way you can fold TPTK in that situation.

    also, I might have 4 bet preflop. MP2 is squeezing/isolating with a wide range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am fairly familiar with MP2's game... huge winning reg, but certainly not maximizing on his game. I don't believe a 3bet squeeze is in his game. His 3bet range is clearly defined as JJ+; not a squeeze but a legit 3bet.

    I can't bring myself to PF fold a hand like this in such a multi-way pot, and I'm not sure what UTG's (original raiser) plan is the hand. Finally, weak as it is, I've been trying to avoid coin flips.

    In full ring, standard 50nl games, I think 4betting folds out all hands JJ-... if I 4 bet, I'm bumping it to like $15 - do I fold to a shove? No. However, after facing a 5bet shove, I'm likely behind, and at best, flipping. Oh yeah, and MP2 shoving on me likely points to KK,AA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you made fairly standard and decent plays all around. My tendency is not to Reraise the MP player preflop to allow my position to work for me. He is likely raising the first two players for value, as even with only 28 hands they are being fairly active and he is good enough to know that. If he is a multitabler then likely he is definitely raising for value.

    Calling on that flop seems to be the right play bc of stack sizes and your hand strength; if he has 99then so be it. You're more likely ahead (KQ or FD/SD combo) and getting 2-1.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive