Monday, November 23, 2009

Winning Stacks by Ed Miller

Ed Miller, Author of Small Stakes No-Limit Hold’em and Professional No-Limit Hold 'em: Volume I, has written a good strategy article on stacking your opponent. I know I take this to heart in my game, and perhaps I expose myself to a lot more risk as a result (i.e. opponents are willing to stack off light against me because I put so much pressure on them when I know I'm ahead), but to me, this is what the game is all about. Assuming you believe in statistics, which my brain tells me I do (my heart doesn't - which is how I explain running less than expected value for my hands), then the name of the game is getting your stack in the middle when you're a significant favorite.

Here is the link: Link.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive