Thursday, November 12, 2009

Not running good, but flopped quads helps...

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/365324
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $33.90
Hero (UTG): $75.15
MP: $52.35
CO: $10.05
BTN: $83.75
SB: $8.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with Kc Kh
Hero raises to $1.75, 4 folds, BB raises to $4, Hero raises to $8.75, BB calls $4.75
BB is somewhat of an aggrodonk. I am definitely 4 betting here and hoping for an over-shove. Instead, he opts to call.

Flop: ($17.75) Kd Ks 3c (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks
Probably a terrible flop in BB's eyes. I'm not sure how he thinks, but I have to imagine, given my aggression PF, that he puts me on a very limited range which includes AK. I have no choice but to check behind for fear that he thinks I hit something.

Turn: ($17.75) 8h (2 players)
BB bets $5, Hero calls $5
The turn is even worse; I was hoping the turn would open up a draw where his pocket pair or AQ has to bet to "protect." Alas, he puts out a feeler, so I opt to call in position. He has $20.15 behind at this point.

River: ($27.75) Ts (2 players)
BB bets $8.50, Hero raises to $23, BB calls $11.65 all in
Yuck. He bets small in comparison to the pot, and about half his remaining stack. He leaves me with one bet, but I try to make it as "small" as possible. I am *SURE* he is folding here. But I get surprised with a delayed call on the end.

Final Pot: $68.05
BB mucks 9h 9s - That's a pretty loose river call. I expected him to *AT LEAST* show up with a set, TT+, etc. Let's recap: He called a 4 bet out of position, committing about 1/3 of his stack pre-flop. He got the other 2/3 in on the turn and river, but thought he was going to be good? I must have missed something; does it say "DONKEY" on my screen notes?
Hero shows Kc Kh (four of a kind, Kings)
Hero wins $65.05
(Rake: $3.00)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive