Monday, May 3, 2010

What would you do? #97 - Terrible turn card facing shove

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $100.00
UTG: $170.80 - 67/67/ 100% steal @ 3 hands with infinite aggression factor
UTG+1: $100.00
UTG+2: $83.25
MP1: $266.25
MP2: $220.30
CO: $125.65
Hero (BTN): $167.00
SB: $112.75

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN with Jd Jh
UTG raises to $3.50, 5 folds, Hero raises to $12, 2 folds, UTG calls $8.50

Flop: ($25.50) 8c 2s 4c (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $15, UTG raises to $37, Hero calls $22

Turn: ($99.50) Kc (2 players)
UTG bets $121.80 all in, Hero ???


Click to see results


I guess the question really is am I behind the whole way?  3 hands is not a sample size; should I be folding to his flop raise?
Hero folds

Final Pot: $99.50
UTG wins $96.50
(Rake: $3.00)

8 comments:

  1. Boy, I hate to fold there; but I feel you have to. Clubs, King, is it really worth it? Probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The question I have is: What hands does he have that are able to call a PF 3bet and raise a 2 flush on the flop? Finally, shove on the 3 club turn? I don't get his turn shove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. with only a few hands, he could have anything. Why risk it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I defaulted to fold because:
    A. I don't have the Jc
    B. Given the raise on the flop, what is the value of my hand
    C. JJ is not strong enough to call a 120BB overbet.

    I just really question what hand he has here... A crafty AA who is calling behind? A floated AK who turned his K? AcQc? A flopped set (why lead the turn all in when you haven't even seen what I'm going to do?)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we can all assume that there are too many hands that have us beat and this is a way ahead or way behind scenario. The problem is two fold: 1)what are we way ahead of, and 2) he shoved on you. I like a fold here since it's rare that he is doing this with a lot of the hands we're way ahead of, particularly 99 or 10-10. We also can't assume he is a maniac given the small sample size.

    This is exactly why I hate to 3-bet pre-flop with JJ. All hands better will continue, a lot of worse hands will fold and it makes it incredibly difficult to get away from our hand and not stack off with a board like this.

    Your flat call on the flop almost guaranteed a jam on the turn. You pretty much turn your hand face up b/c he should expect you to come over the top with KK+, sets and combo-draws. Which begs the question: What was your flat-call logic when you got check-raised on the flop?

    ReplyDelete
  6. very active guy could have any 2 clubs here 65, 76, any 2 broadway suited cards and unsuited broadawy kings, with maybe a redraw club. He might have air..... What was your assessment of the player as the game went on?

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rush hand, so never saw him again :-(

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive