Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I got Teddy KGB'ed last night!

Last night was a very bad night for me; I dusted off around 8 buy ins in my late session.  It did not feel good - particularly because I had been running and playing so well.  Admittedly, it should have been a lot worse, but I was able to suckout on more than one occasion, getting my money in bad.  On more than one occasion (in addition to below) I was boat-over-boated.  I was also flush-over-flushed.  I think I will take tonight off, because I know the set over sets are coming...  Anyway, the hand below was the titled hand of note:

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $163.50
UTG: $47.35
UTG+1: $134.25
UTG+2: $57.60
MP1: $36.50
MP2: $75.70
CO: $22.50
BTN: $59.60
Hero (SB): $62.45

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with Ah 9d
7 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB raises to $2.50, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($5.00) 9s Qd 9h (2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($5.00) Ad (2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($5.00) 3s (2 players)
Hero bets $5, BB raises to $20, Hero raises to $35.50, BB raises to $51, Hero raises to $59.95 all in, BB calls $8.95

Final Pot: $124.90
BB shows Ac As (a full house, Aces full of Nines)
Hero shows Ah 9d (a full house, Nines full of Aces)
BB wins $121.90
(Rake: $3.00)

3 comments:

  1. Having seen what he had and how the board turned out, I would have folded preflop. ;-)

    I obviously feel your pain as I had one of my worst months last month. Somewhere around 20 buyins. YIKES. It was almost like. Set.. Yes... oh wait.. nooooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two fold problem with folding preflop is:

    A. He min 3bet me. I can't logically fold a min 3bet.
    B. I want to ensure that my fold to 3bet stat is not high. What I realized is that back when Rush started up, I was continuously getting 3bet and folding all low pairs. Once I started hanging in there with 3bets, I got to showdown on more than a few to realize that they 3bet bluff a lot as a re-steal.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive